The following censorship instructions, issued by government authorities, have been leaked and...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 12, 2018
A notice circulating on the Chinese internet, believed to have been issued by a Hangzhou internet policing department, ordered an investigation into WeChat user “Vagrant” for criticizing Xi Jinping’s campaign against the...
Guangdong government orders educational institutions’ BBS to register legal names of student users – Interfax
by Liu Yong | Oct 2, 2005
From Interfax: The Guangdong Province Department of Education has ordered all university online bulletin boards (BBS) to register the legal names of all students users in Guangdong Province, according to an official statement from the Department of Education of Guangdong Province. Students in Guangdong will have to provide their real name and personal information when […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’