A massive, months-long heat wave has scorched regions in central China. Intense droughts and evaporating water sources have choked energy supplies in several regions reliant upon hydropower, causing widespread power cuts and...
Dec 7, 2017
China’s Ministry of Environmental Protection this week directed municipal authorities in 28...
Nov 15, 2007
From The Los Angeles Times: Today is Li Xiulan’s favorite day of the year — it’s even better than her birthday. It’s the day they turn the heat on. Winter weather has already arrived here, with temperatures dropping into the high 30s on some nights. But Li’s home in the 500-unit Flower Garden Apartments in […]
Dec 19, 2005
From The China Daily: Urban residents in northern China will have to pay for their cozy winter living by the end of 2007. A notice issued on Saturday by the Ministry of Construction and seven other ministries urged a commercialized heating system within two years. Regarded as a public welfare service, heating has been free […]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report