The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Kate Zhao | Jun 18, 2007
From Financial Times: Chinese housing prices rose in May by 6.4 per cent, the fastest year-on-year monthly increase in 18 months, in the latest sign that the economy is outpacing both the government’s and the market’s expectations. The World Bank and Morgan Stanley in recent days have revised upwards their growth forecasts for 2007 to […]
by Mo Ming | May 5, 2007
From China.org.cn: The price-to-rent ratio for second-hand houses in some of China’s big cities have gone over the international warning line, said the 2007 real estate blue paper released by China Academy of Social Sciences (CASS). The price-to-rent ratio, or the rent for one sq. m. of floor space divided by its sales price, is […]
by Mo Ming | Feb 5, 2007
From BBC News: Foreigners are to be limited to owning one house in Beijing, which they cannot rent out, press reports have said. Local newspapers report that foreign homebuyers will also have to prove that they have lived in China for a year. The Chinese government is trying to cool rising house prices and warned […]
by Mo Ming | Sep 19, 2006
From Shanghai Security News, tranlsated by CDT: According to a report done by Beijing Normal University, the average price for a house in east China has reached 4,000 yuan per square meter. The average household income was between 15,000 and 17,000 in 2005, and the house price-income ratio was about 13. The report also revealed […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”