At ChinaFile, Human Rights Watch’s Nicholas Bequelin leads discussion of how the U.S. can best promote human rights in China. Other participants include Sharon Hom of Human Rights in China, rights researcher Joshua...
Jul 30, 2008
From the BBC: Human Rights in China said Liu Shaokun had been ordered to serve a year of “re-education through labour”. Mr Liu was detained for “disseminating rumours and destroying social order”, the...
Jul 4, 2005
From The Boston.com: An American human rights activist said she was interrogated by Chinese state security and narrowly escaped detention in Beijing last month, the latest indication of a tightening climate for media and intellectuals. Sharon Hom, executive director for the New York-based Human Rights in China, told Reuters late on Sunday night that security […]
CDT in the News
- Coda Story – China wages war on ‘historical nihilism’
- China Spektrum – Staatliche Befugnisse in Krisensituationen: Debatten über Gewalt gegen Frauen und die Lockdown-Politik
- NYT – In Turbulent Times, Xi Builds a Security Fortress for China, and Himself
- Sinopsis – Vlivové aktivity Číny v Africe (China’s Influence Activities in Africa)
- Human Rights Watch – Chained Woman Has Become the Face of Bride Trafficking in China