Bloomberg News confirms that former Beijing police chief Fu Zhenghua will lead an investigation...
Dec 17, 2013
The New York Times reports that wildlife management regulations proposed in China may actually...
Nov 2, 2012
In a translation posted at chinadialogue, Southern People Weekly’s Hai Pengfei reflects on last month’s trial of environmentalist Liu Futang for illegal publishing. Liu, a former official, had written and distributed...
Oct 12, 2012
As China celebrates its “first” Nobel Prize for Literature, former official Liu Futang was tried in Hainan this week for illegally publishing books on local environmental conflicts. Liu gave away many more copies...
Jun 14, 2007
From Financial Times: Three men have been arrested on charges of insider trading in the shares of a Chinese construction company, the Xinhua news agency reported Wednesday. Luo Gaofeng, investor relations officer for Zhejiang Hangxiao Steel‚ÄâStructure , is accused of releasing price-sensitive information, and Wang Xiangdong and Chen Yuxing of trading on the information, said […]
CDT in the News
- NPHR – Chinese authorities remain committed to ‘zero COVID’ lockdown policy
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back