After accusing Danone of bribing Chinese doctors to provide their Dumex brand baby formula last...
by Cindy | Aug 5, 2013
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra apologized on Monday for a contamination scare involving whey protein products tainted with Clostridium botulinum. From The Wall Street Journal: Fonterra Chief Executive Theo Spierings traveled...
by Scott Greene | Jul 2, 2013
Bloomberg News reports that China has opened investigations into foreign milk-powder companies, including Danone and Nestle, for pricing and anti-monopoly violations: The National Development and Reform Commission, the country’s...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 9, 2013
With persistent health and safety issues with China-made infant formula, parents have taken advantage of trips to Hong Kong and abroad to stock up on supplies for their infants. As a result, the global supply has taken a hit and...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 19, 2012
With the safety of dairy products, especially infant formula, constantly under question in China, foreign brands are finding an opening into the China market. From Reuters: The latest foreign bet comes from Danish-Swedish dairy...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 24, 2008
Maureen Fan of the Washington Post reports on Chinese views of breast-feeding and the impact of the milk scandal. Since China’s tainted milk scandal broke in September, killing at least four infants and sickening 54,000...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’