From Xinhua’s English website: Ordinary Chinese have given new meaning to the character “Bei,” which normally indicates the passive voice, with the character being chosen as “character of the year”...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 2, 2010
From the Southern Metropolis Weekly, 2009-12-25, translated by CDT’s E. Shih: The “swine” flu that continues taking lives and the “kitty cat” hide-and-seek game of truth; the widely castigated law enforcement by “fishing”;...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 30, 2007
From The Chicago Tribune, via RedOrbit: The Country’s Internet Community Expands, but the Boundaries of Where It Can Go Are Hazy at Best One week, one Web, two very different outcomes. An angry Chinese father posted his tale of a vacation gone wrong and triggered an Internet uproar that ended last week when the government […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo