Based in Washington, D.C., Liz Carter translates Chinese-language textbooks and writes at A Big...
by Zhaohua Li | Apr 14, 2008
An excellent summary from Joel Martinsen at Danwei of the battle raging online between Chinese nationalists and Chinese advocates of free speech, launched a couple weeks ago when Southern Metropolis editor Chang Ping wrote a...
by Sophie Beach | May 5, 2005
From Financial Express: A Chinese company has launched a new service to break the internet addiction of youngsters in the northwest city of Xi’an. Yanghu Adolescent Quality Development Company Ltd, the first private firm set up specifically to help net-addicted youth, registered in March 2005 will begin operation later this month. The company claims to […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions