China’s Foreign Ministry has come out in praise of the international agreement on...
Aug 21, 2013
The Wall Street Journal reports that U.S. sanctions on Iranian oil haven’t stopped China...
Mar 28, 2012
As the US and the EU prepare a sanction regime targeting Iranian oil exports in an effort to influence Iran’s nuclear ambitions, China has made careful political steps to distance itself from Iran: a state-owned bank has...
Jul 28, 2008
From FARSNews: “Along with our negotiations with SINOC Group, we are also negotiating with some other domestic and foreign groups about the North Pars gas field project,” Ali Vakili explained according to MNA....
Feb 17, 2006
From Reuters, via the Washington Post: China and Iran could sign a multi-billion dollar agreement on developing a major oilfield in Iran as early as next month, the semi-official Caijing Magazine said on its Web site. The magazine cited Mu Shuling, an executive at Sinopec Corp. <0386.HK>, as saying a delegation of the National Development […]
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy