The mother of a rape victim in Hunan Province has been sent to a re-education through labor camp...
Nov 24, 2011
Professor Jiang Ping of the China University of Political Science and Law warned on Sunday that growing state power threatens people’s rights and the country’s stability. From Caixin online: Though Jiang did not...
Mar 2, 2010
The China Law Prof Blog has posted a translation of a recent speech by prominent legal scholar Jiang Ping: Strictly speaking, in the 30 years of reform what I did was call for private rights. I chose civil law and private rights...
Oct 31, 2009
China Newsweek reporter Han Yong (韩永) writes about Jiang Ping (江平) — legal scholar and former president of China University of Political Science and Law — and his views on the rule of law. Excerpted here and...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy