The mother of a rape victim in Hunan Province has been sent to a re-education through labor camp...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2010
The China Law Prof Blog has posted a translation of a recent speech by prominent legal scholar Jiang Ping: Strictly speaking, in the 30 years of reform what I did was call for private rights. I chose civil law and private rights...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 31, 2009
China Newsweek reporter Han Yong (韩永) writes about Jiang Ping (江平) — legal scholar and former president of China University of Political Science and Law — and his views on the rule of law. Excerpted here and...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms