The mother of a rape victim in Hunan Province has been sent to a re-education through labor camp...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2010
The China Law Prof Blog has posted a translation of a recent speech by prominent legal scholar Jiang Ping: Strictly speaking, in the 30 years of reform what I did was call for private rights. I chose civil law and private rights...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 31, 2009
China Newsweek reporter Han Yong (韩永) writes about Jiang Ping (江平) — legal scholar and former president of China University of Political Science and Law — and his views on the rule of law. Excerpted here and...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods