Rights lawyer Xie Yang, one of the few still awaiting trial after the 2015 “Black Friday” or “709”...
Apr 9, 2014
Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have called for an official investigation into four...
Apr 4, 2014
39 years ago, after spending six years in prison, proud Communist Party member Zhang...
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos