A report published by the advocacy group Uyghur Human Rights Project (UHRP) on Friday reveals that Chinese authorities have seized and sold off millions of dollars worth of assets held by Uyghurs imprisoned in Xinjiang. The...
by lisbeth | Sep 28, 2018
As details and personal accounts continue to emerge from Xinjiang—where up to a million Uyghurs...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 10, 2018
Several new detailed reports on extralegal detention centers in Xinjiang have shed new light on...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 20, 2018
An investigative report by Eva Dou, Jeremy Page, and Josh Chin of the Wall Street Journal has...
by lisbeth | Aug 6, 2018
While Chinese officials have reportedly denied the existence of Xinjiang’s re-education...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods