In an interview with Joyce Lau at the New York Times, The Fat Years author Chan Koonchung...
Aug 8, 2013
At Five Books, The Fat Years author Chan Koonchung offers some recommended reading on utopias and dystopias, and discusses how they relate to modern-day China. Among his selections are George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four...
May 29, 2012
The New York Times reports that Chinese microblogging site Sina Weibo has rolled out “user contracts” with a points-based system to better facilitate the monitoring and punishment of inappropriate comments by its 300...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report