“Filiality to the state is also a form of filial piety,” a man-on-the-street told CCTV...
by Anne Henochowicz | Sep 28, 2012
This week, Drawing the News showcases political cartoons on the anti-Japan protests, CCTV’s attempt at populism and official corruption: Artist: Rebel Pepper (via Over the Wall) Rebel Pepper comments on the vigor of recent...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods