While China’s shadow banking system, which by some estimations may have accounted for nearly...
Jun 11, 2012
Under a cloud cover of speculation about a potential fiscal stimulus package, China’s central bank announced a 25 basis point cut to lending and deposit rates on Thursday, its first interest rate cut since late 2008 and...
Mar 18, 2012
In a week dominated by the political drama surrounding the dismissal of embattled Chongqing party secretary Bo Xilai, speculation continued over possible monetary easing despite mixed messages from officials as they seek to...
Feb 27, 2012
Normally in the cross-hairs, China’s exchange-rate policy received a free pass as Europe’s debt crisis took center stage when the Group of 20 met over the weekend in Mexico City. From The Wall Street Journal: While...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report