Central Propaganda Department: Li Junwen, the people’s representative of a certain district...
Dec 17, 2012
Chinese officialdom has been rocked by a half-dozen sex scandals in the past three weeks alone. The wave may signal that Xi Jinping is staying true to his promise to crack down on corruption. Is this correlation, or causation?...
Dec 12, 2012
The New Yorker’s Evan Osnos reflects on the series of sex scandals involving Chinese government officials that have emerged over the past few weeks: I wrote, not long ago, about the odd political significance of an orgy...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends