American Kim Lee was married to “Crazy English” entrepreneur and celebrity Li Yang...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 12, 2013
Kim Lee, an American who was married to celebrity English teacher Li Yang, has become the public face for women fighting domestic violence in China. When Lee won her divorce case, after publicizing photos of her brutalized face,...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 4, 2013
Kim Lee, the American wife of Crazy English founder Li Yang, was awarded a 12 million yuan divorce settlement by a Beijing court on Sunday. Li must pay an additional 100,000 yuan per year for each of their three daughters until...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 21, 2012
Kim Lee, the American wife of celebrity English teacher Li Yang, has become the focus of media attention in China after she used her weibo account to publicize evidence that her husband had brutally beaten her. AP reports on how...
by Wu Nan | Oct 16, 2007
Shanghaiist has collected reports and videos of Li Yang teaching his Crazy English. If you watch the video by muting the sound, you may think you’re watching a religious gathering with fervent worshipers waving their arms in spiritual communion. If you carefully listen to one class Li taught, you’ll sense something in his speech”nationalism. Li […]
by Xiao Qiang | Sep 17, 2007
From The Global Voices Online: Crazy English is a private education agency in which the founder Li Yang advocates a new method to study English; namely, to shout out antiquated English phrases and seize every chance to approach an English speaker for a conversation, all for sweeping the shyness away. Learners should scream deafening English […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms