Rights lawyers Tang Jingling and Liu Shihui are among the latest to be detained as the government...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 13, 2011
Reports of beating, sleep deprivation and other abuse have emerged from some of those detained in the wake of China’s “Jasmine Revolution”, but the veil of silence over the detentions remains substantially...
by compco | Aug 21, 2011
Violent protests erupted in central China’s Henan province on Saturday after a drunk police officer lost control of his van and killed at least five people, according to media reports. From AFP: People gathered to protest...
by Sophie Beach | Feb 21, 2011
More details are emerging about the treatment of activists whom officials feared would respond to calls to join protests as part of the so-called Jasmine Revolution, including this account in the Guardian from lawyer Liu Shihui...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo