At The Wall Street Journal, Lingling Wei and Jeremy Page report on the surprise announcement from...
Feb 8, 2010
Reuters reports on the China Investment Corp, the $300 billion sovereign wealth fund: Lou Jiwei, the chairman of CIC, said the fund would steadily accelerate its overseas investments in 2010, the China Securities Journal...
Mar 9, 2007
From The Wall Street Journal, via Victor Shih’s blog: China confirmed the appointment of a senior Finance Ministry official as deputy secretary-general of the State Council yesterday, to lead preparations for a new agency that will more actively manage the country’s foreign-exchange reserves. Lou Jiwei, 56 years old, formerly a vice minister of finance, has […]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report