At The Wall Street Journal, Lingling Wei and Jeremy Page report on the surprise announcement from...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 9, 2007
From The Wall Street Journal, via Victor Shih’s blog: China confirmed the appointment of a senior Finance Ministry official as deputy secretary-general of the State Council yesterday, to lead preparations for a new agency that will more actively manage the country’s foreign-exchange reserves. Lou Jiwei, 56 years old, formerly a vice minister of finance, has […]
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”