The shuttering of the Beijing LGBT Center marks the latest setback for China’s queer community. In a terse statement published to WeChat, the Center offered no explanation for its sudden closure beyond force majeure. Founded in...
Nov 14, 2013
At South China Morning Post, Zhuang Pinghui reports that a growing number of pregnant women in...
Feb 14, 2012
Trefor Moss writes for The Diplomat about the nasty debate flaring over Hong Kong’s relationship with mainland China, and the root of Hong Kong’s recent uneasiness: Hong Kong’s existential worries flow from a nagging...
Jan 24, 2012
Chinese professor and descendant of Confucius, Kong Qingdong, recently said in an interview that people from Hong Kong are “dogs” and “bastards” in response to a video of a mainland tourist and Hong...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report