This week, a striking series of infographics meant to highlight social issues such as poverty, disability, depression, youth unemployment, and elder care were scrubbed from Weibo, leaving only the blank gray boxes that Weibo...
Dec 13, 2022
Jeremy Wallace, associate professor of Government at Cornell University, joined CDT to discuss his new book, Seeking Truth and Hiding Facts: Information, Ideology, and Authoritarianism in China. In a wide-ranging conversation,...
Jul 5, 2011
Last week at Caixin Online, Huang Yiping cited tennis star Li Na’s Grand Slam success as a model for reinvigorating financial reform. Now Wu Jinglian, an economist at the Development and Research Center at the State...
May 18, 2011
Caijing issues further warnings about electricity shortages around China, which have led to power rationing and stuttering production lines. Many measures have been applied to industries in Zhejiang Province as well. Some have...
Jul 9, 2007
From Earthtimes.org: Switzerland has granted China market-economy status on Monday, the third European country to do so, according to the Ministry of Trade. The agreement was signed on Sunday in Beijing by Chinese Commerce Minister Bo Xilai and the Swiss Economy Minister Doris Leuthard. Both sides also agreed to evaluate the feasibility of setting up […]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report