A newly published report by the Australian Strategic Policy Initiative (ASPI) has documented how Chinese diplomats and other state-affiliated public figures engaged in a coordinated effort to discredit and undermine U.K.’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 2, 2014
At the Beijing Forum on Art and Literature In October, President Xi Jinping delivered a speech on...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 20, 2009
Global Voices translates reactions to a new media policy in Yunnan which outlaws the use of certain standard phrases: The liberal-orientated South China Metropolitan (Nandu) Daily and the Beijing News promptly responded to the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China