Last December, Chinese internet giant Alibaba announced plans to buy influential Hong Kong-based...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 2, 2014
At the Beijing Forum on Art and Literature In October, President Xi Jinping delivered a speech on...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 20, 2009
Global Voices translates reactions to a new media policy in Yunnan which outlaws the use of certain standard phrases: The liberal-orientated South China Metropolitan (Nandu) Daily and the Beijing News promptly responded to the...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo