CDT celebrates the award-winning reporting on China from this past year. It has been an exceptionally challenging year for foreign correspondents in China, amid expulsions, government intimidation and harassment, and the...
by John Chan | May 13, 2021
Several recently released reports have shed new light on China’s international efforts to bolster its image and manipulate public opinion, through both traditional and social media. Two reports were released this week, one...
by John Chan | Mar 5, 2021
A newly published report by the Australian Strategic Policy Initiative (ASPI) has documented how Chinese diplomats and other state-affiliated public figures engaged in a coordinated effort to discredit and undermine U.K.’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 2, 2014
At the Beijing Forum on Art and Literature In October, President Xi Jinping delivered a speech on...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 20, 2009
Global Voices translates reactions to a new media policy in Yunnan which outlaws the use of certain standard phrases: The liberal-orientated South China Metropolitan (Nandu) Daily and the Beijing News promptly responded to the...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism