The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Cindy | May 4, 2016
On Monday, Chinese authorities launched an investigation into Baidu’s unethical search...
by Anne Henochowicz | May 3, 2016
Tweeter @beidaijin has shared the following propaganda directive, also posted to CDT Chinese: #Ban...
by Paulina Hartono | Nov 13, 2009
In Nanjing, a 5-month-old baby has died due to a doctor’s prioritizing online games over his hospital duties. The doctor has since been fired. From Associated Press: A 5-month-old baby died in a hospital amid pleas for...
by Michael Zhao | Oct 18, 2006
An Oct. 16 program of CCTV’s News Probe (Chinese) tells a story about devastated parents, some of whom sold all their property and ran into big debts to come up with hefty bills for as much as 900,000 yuan ($11,000) to treat their little kids’ thalassemia (Âú∞‰∏≠Êµ∑Ë¥´Ë°ÄÁóá) at Guangzhou Zhujiang Hospital (ÂπøÂ∑ûÁè†Ê±üÂåªÈô¢). They were among […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms