Written by Mia Farrow and Ronan Farrow, from Los Angeles Times: President Bush’s announcement that he will attend the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics came in the wake of brutal crackdowns in Tibet and during a...
by Xiao Qiang | May 1, 2008
From The Washington Post: Actress and Darfur activist Mia Farrow was allowed into Hong Kong Thursday, a day before the Olympic torch winds through a territory where most citizens support the Beijing Olympics and where officials...
by Liu Yong | Apr 19, 2008
From Chicago Tribune: Actress Mia Farrow has been on the front lines in the struggle to end the humanitarian crisis in the Darfur region of Sudan. She has visited the region eight times and is advisory board chair of Dream for...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 29, 2008
From Reuters: China will never submit to taunting or political pressure from groups or governments wishing to use the Beijing Olympics to change Chinese policy, a leading state-run newspaper said on Tuesday. Activists around the...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions