At the New York Times, Edward Wong reports that 27 people who were related to or supported a now...
Jul 14, 2013
A slideshow in National Geographic depicts life in a Miao village in Guizhou which carries on a tradition of gun ownership and use, a rarity in China. From the introduction: The population of Biasha is ethnically Miao, one of 55...
Feb 22, 2012
That’s Shanghai has published an extended version of sociologist Tricia Wang’s blog post from December, ‘Street Vendor Life in China’. The article describes in greater depth a family of street food...
Dec 11, 2007
Miao village people live in China in a cave that is about 700 feet deep. They have houses without roofs, schools, TV and a basketball court. From yousaytoo.com, created by CDT via rockyou.com: See more photos, click here .
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends