China’s Confucius Institutes (CI)–government-funded centers for research and language...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 13, 2017
Beijing this week began dispatching personnel to the Horn of Africa to populate China’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 19, 2016
At the South China Morning Post, Kristin Huang reports that some Chinese foreign policy experts...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 20, 2015
Earlier this week, Radio Free Asia reported that police in Xinjiang had killed 17...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 10, 2015
As more than four million Syrians flee ongoing civil war, the Chinese government has said the U.S....
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 26, 2013
Seven years covering China for The New Yorker, along with the acclaimed books River Town, Oracle...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods