China’s Confucius Institutes (CI)–government-funded centers for research and language...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 13, 2017
Beijing this week began dispatching personnel to the Horn of Africa to populate China’s...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 19, 2016
At the South China Morning Post, Kristin Huang reports that some Chinese foreign policy experts...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 20, 2015
Earlier this week, Radio Free Asia reported that police in Xinjiang had killed 17...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 10, 2015
As more than four million Syrians flee ongoing civil war, the Chinese government has said the U.S....
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 26, 2013
Seven years covering China for The New Yorker, along with the acclaimed books River Town, Oracle...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms