In contrast with the popular “strike harder” tone of Xi Jinping’s campaign...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 7, 2011
Author Ma Jian tells The Wall Street Journal which five writers he’d most like to meet: Franz Kafka “To me, Kafka is the most alive of dead writers, no doubt because of his acute understanding of the modern...
by Sophie Beach | May 11, 2010
A group of fisherman diving off the Chinese coast near the Nan’ao island chain discovered a shipwreck and blue-and-white porcelain plates. The Telegraph blog reports: When the fisherman took the researchers to the site,...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”