With the U.S. expected to retreat from its role as a climate leader in the wake of Donald...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 24, 2016
Last month saw the long-anticipated trials of three Guangdong labor activists charged with...
by Sophie Beach | Mar 2, 2016
Amid an economic downturn and a plan to streamline the state-owned sector, the Chinese government...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 23, 2013
Xinhua reports that the 61 giant pandas at the Bifengxia breeding center were not physically harmed by the 6.6Mw earthquake that struck Sichuan province on Saturday, killing 193 and injuring over 12,000: According to the video...
by Samuel Wade | Jan 31, 2013
At Bloomberg Businessweek, Christina Larson examines a previously featured study which found a strong correlation between executives’ political connections and higher death rates among employees. Coal mining in China is...
by Melissa M. Chan | Oct 21, 2012
As China and North Korea deepen their ties with Kim Jong-Un’s uncle’s visit and the hiring of North Korean guest workers in China, the New York Times reports tensions between China and North Korea seems to be on the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods