The latest spate of anti-monopoly investigations in China, which has resulted in multiple office...
by sjia | Dec 11, 2008
This next installment in the CDT series on important issues facing China in 2008 concerns China’s domestic market. See also previous China 2008 articles: China and the Developing World, Nationalism, Internet Culture, and...
by Kate Zhao | Nov 18, 2007
From BBC News: Shanghai’s stock exchange says it is considering allowing big multinational companies to list shares. China’s largest exchange may permit companies such as HSBC, Coca-Cola and Siemens – which have large business operations in the country – to trade. Que Bo, assistant general manager of Shanghai’s exchange said it was doing market research […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods