As part of a campaign to tighten ideological controls within universities, the Ministry of...
Nov 21, 2012
As China’s breakneck rate of economic growth finally begins to slow, some analysts are holding...
Dec 27, 2007
Hundreds of enraged students at Tianjin’s Nankai University recently battered the bejesus out of a black Buick sedan in an incident that suggests the oft-noted imperiousness of China’s new moneyed class is not just aggravating to those on the lowest rungs of the country’s economic ladder. According to a post on one of Nankai’s BBS […]
CDT in the News
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)