Bloomberg News reports that China has opened investigations into foreign milk-powder companies, including Danone and Nestle, for pricing and anti-monopoly violations: The National Development and Reform Commission, the country’s...
Oct 19, 2011
Since 1988, Yunnan’s coffee production has grown almost 24-fold, thanks in part to the efforts of Swiss food leviathan Nestle. From MSNBC: “Before I started growing coffee, I couldn’t afford a house like the...
Jan 22, 2008
From China Daily: Chen Jiahua, a farmer in Nanping town of Pu’er City in Southwest China’s Yunnan province, drinks tea, not coffee – but coffee is far more important to him. It is his livelihood. It has become a new way of life for him and his family: The red coffee berries flourishing on his […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos