Chinese debate over Japan’s release of treated wastewater from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant has thus far been characterized by disinformation, nationalism, and heavy online censorship. This in turn has fueled fear...
Apr 15, 2022
The Environmental Justice Foundation, an environmental NGO based in London, released a new report, titled “The Ever-Widening Net: Mapping the Scale, Nature and Corporate Structures of Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated Fishing...
Sep 2, 2016
In July, the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague ruled against China’s claims to...
Sep 16, 2015
A longstanding and deeply-entrenched dispute between China and several of its neighbors over...
Apr 8, 2005
From People’s Daily Online: A newly issued report gives another morning call of the deteriorating oceanic ecology in Yangtze River Delta. Another 6540 kilometers and 8520 kilometers of sea were polluted “seriously” and “extremely seriously” respectively. In 2004, China has set up 15 monitoring zones in its offshore areas which are identified as ecologically vulnerable […]
CDT in the News
- Journal of Contemporary China – Invented Borders: The Tension Between Grassroots Patriotism and State-led Patriotic Campaigns in China
- NYT – A Tiananmen Square Musical Worries About China’s Glare
- Global Voices – In China, questions remain ahead of Huawei’s launch of the Mate 60 phone series
- Rest of World – Heavily persecuted, highly influential: China’s online feminist revolution
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos