The Word of the Week comes from the Grass-Mud Horse Lexicon, a glossary of terms created by...
by Grace | Aug 12, 2016
Dubbed the “mystic energy girl” by online fans, 20-year-old Olympic swimmer and bronze...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 14, 2012
Amid fears that Hollywood’s growing relationship with China could encourage self-censorship, a Chinese industry delegation has withdrawn from a UK documentary festival after organisers refused to cancel screenings of two...
by Liu Yong | Oct 30, 2008
From USA Today: China’s government was so concerned about the possibility of athlete demonstrations in the Beijing Olympics that it created a list of nine U.S. athletes and one assistant coach it thought might cause...
by Kerry Seed | Mar 10, 2008
Tim Johnson, Beijing bureau chief for McLatchy newspapers was among a cadre of Western reporters invited to tour the recently finished Olympic Village where visiting athletes will live during the games. He was impressed with the...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods