A Berkeley Earth study of newly released air quality data from 1,500 sites across East Asia has...
Olympics air pollution
by Morgan Figuers | Aug 3, 2008
From Reuters: China is likely to introduce new pollution monitoring measures in 2009 and learn from action taken during the Olympics to try and ensure Beijing does not sink back into smog, officials said on Sunday. Fan...
by Xiao Qiang | Jul 28, 2008
Jonathan Watts reports in the Guardian, from Beijing: Beijing’s Olympic organisers are planning a new set of emergency measures to reduce pollution after the draconian steps introduced a week ago failed to halt a grimy...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 18, 2008
Time Magazine reporter Austin Ramzy writes from Beijing: While Steven Spielberg’s withdrawal from his role as an artistic adviser was a public relations blow to the Beijing Olympics, the announcement this week that Haile...
by Kiran Goldman | Feb 15, 2008
Beginning March 1, Beijing will ban the sale of new cars that do not meet new emissions standards. From Xinhua News Agency: All the new light petro vehicles that are on sale in the Beijing market shall have to meet the new China...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions