In what observers see as a win for China, Taiwan’s leader Tsai Ing-wen resigned this weekend as...
Jul 10, 2008
New tensions are cropping up between Taipei and the mainland over China’s preferred choice of a name for the island to use during the Olympics. From AP: Vice Chairman Liu Te-shun of the Mainland Affairs Council in Taipei...
Jul 6, 2008
The New York Times reports on a new competition between mainland China and Taiwan – over a ping-pong table: Outside, the tropical heat of southern Taiwan seems to wither even the palm trees, while inside, the players break...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy