China’s urban population has grown faster than any other country’s and is currently...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 2, 2014
At the Beijing Forum on Art and Literature In October, President Xi Jinping delivered a speech on...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 15, 2009
The Guardian reports on Shenzhen’s third annual architecture biennale: The biennale, now in its third edition, is a government-sponsored attempt to establish one thing Shenzhen lacks: a cultural scene. The theme is city...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers