China’s new aircraft carrier is easy an easy target for sardonic netizens. The latest incarnation...
Over the Wall
Oct 5, 2012
Google+ user Fang Zhongyong (方仲永) wrote simply of this notice he posted on September 28, “A friend sent me this internal notice, which he heard is for the 18th Party Congress.” The notice mentions “municipal hotels,” which are...
Sep 14, 2012
As conflict over the Diaoyu (Senkaku) Islands drags on, anti-Japanese sentiment has reached absurd...
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends