The Chinese government in February branded the Hong Kong branch of the aid organization OxFam a “subversive organization,” causing OxFam to suspend a program to aid impoverished farmers in China. CDT has translated...
by Matthias Giessler | Jul 17, 2008
New York Times columnist Nicolas Kristof applauds the International Criminal Court’s recent request for an arrest warrant for the President of Sudan, Omar Hassan Al-Bashir, and turns his sights on China: If China continues...
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions