As the Year of the Water Snake comes to a close, the South China Morning post notes the...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 8, 2014
Former Fulbright scholar Colette Fu has been constructing pop-up books for the past decade. She...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 2, 2007
From The New York Times: For years the residents of this economically distressed hollow in the Appalachians have watched textile mills, glass factories and tire makers close down one after the other. Now its lone remaining big factory ” “the last man standing,” as the production manager at the paper mill here put it ” […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China