As the Year of the Water Snake comes to a close, the South China Morning post notes the...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 8, 2014
Former Fulbright scholar Colette Fu has been constructing pop-up books for the past decade. She...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 2, 2007
From The New York Times: For years the residents of this economically distressed hollow in the Appalachians have watched textile mills, glass factories and tire makers close down one after the other. Now its lone remaining big factory ” “the last man standing,” as the production manager at the paper mill here put it ” […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions