As the Year of the Water Snake comes to a close, the South China Morning post notes the...
by Natalie Ornell | Jan 8, 2014
Former Fulbright scholar Colette Fu has been constructing pop-up books for the past decade. She...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 2, 2007
From The New York Times: For years the residents of this economically distressed hollow in the Appalachians have watched textile mills, glass factories and tire makers close down one after the other. Now its lone remaining big factory ” “the last man standing,” as the production manager at the paper mill here put it ” […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods