At The New York Times, Paul Krugman points to China as an emerging “danger spot” in the world economy, and warns that even if Beijing is able to plot a course through looming trouble, it may lack the control...
Oct 2, 2010
Nobel laureate Paul Krugman writes a column in support of the recent bill passed by the House of Representatives calling for stronger action against China for not raising the value of its currency: Diplomacy on China’s currency...
Mar 14, 2010
In his new column, Paul Krugman calls China’s refusal to reevaluate the currency “a significant drag on global economic recovery”: To give you a sense of the problem: Widespread complaints that China was...
Jan 3, 2010
Written by Paul Krugman, Professor of Economics and International Affairs at Princeton University and Nobel Prize-winning economist, from New York Times: It’s the season when pundits traditionally make predictions about the year...
Apr 2, 2009
New York Times columnist and Nobel laureate Paul Krugman writes about China’s accumulation of U.S. securities: Two years ago, we lived in a world in which China could save much more than it invested and dispose of the...
Jun 27, 2005
From The New York Times: Fifteen years ago, when Japanese companies were busily buying up chunks of corporate America, I was one of those urging Americans not to panic. You might therefore expect me to offer similar soothing words now that the Chinese are doing the same thing. But the Chinese challenge – highlighted by […]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report