A number of recent articles highlight alternatives to China’s mainstream society and values....
by Sophie Beach | Jan 5, 2010
A report from Policy Review of Stanford University’s Hoover Institution compares and contrasts agricultural reforms and their outcomes in China and in the Soviet Union: On a dark November night in 1978, 18 Chinese peasants...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 16, 2006
From china.org.cn, via China Elections and Governance: Wu Zhengen goes about his work as he always does. The deputy Party secretary of the fourth production team of Zhoujiazhuang Township in Jinzhou City, Hebei Province, is busy in his office, making phone calls to his team members to confirm their work assignments. Mounted on the wall […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China