A number of recent articles highlight alternatives to China’s mainstream society and values....
Feb 9, 2014
President Xi Jinping has emphasized the fight against official corruption since taking office last...
Feb 5, 2014
Michael Rank was a British Council student in China from 1974-1976. During his time at Peking...
Jan 5, 2010
A report from Policy Review of Stanford University’s Hoover Institution compares and contrasts agricultural reforms and their outcomes in China and in the Soviet Union: On a dark November night in 1978, 18 Chinese peasants...
Oct 16, 2006
From china.org.cn, via China Elections and Governance: Wu Zhengen goes about his work as he always does. The deputy Party secretary of the fourth production team of Zhoujiazhuang Township in Jinzhou City, Hebei Province, is busy in his office, making phone calls to his team members to confirm their work assignments. Mounted on the wall […]
CDT in the News
- MIT Technology Review – Now China wants to censor online comments
- The Globe and Mail – Shanghai leaves lockdown after two months, but ‘zero COVID’ policy remains
- WION – Shanghai residents spent 2 months ‘locked’ up, but China bans media from calling it a ‘lockdown’
- The Independent – Shanghai prohibits media from using the term ‘lockdown’
- Guardian – Shanghai reportedly bans media use of the term ‘lockdown’ as lockdown ends