The three-week 35th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council began on Tuesday. The...
Aug 29, 2016
Economic growth and poverty reduction are two of the Chinese Communist Party’s core goals...
Dec 21, 2005
From The Globe and Mail: The United Nations investigator into extrajudicial killings has written to China seeking more information on the recent police shooting and killing of protesters in the southern village of Dongzhou, a spokesman said yesterday. Philip Alston, UN special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, sent the letter a week ago […]
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy