The three-week 35th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council began on Tuesday. The...
Aug 29, 2016
Economic growth and poverty reduction are two of the Chinese Communist Party’s core goals...
Dec 21, 2005
From The Globe and Mail: The United Nations investigator into extrajudicial killings has written to China seeking more information on the recent police shooting and killing of protesters in the southern village of Dongzhou, a spokesman said yesterday. Philip Alston, UN special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, sent the letter a week ago […]
CDT in the News
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back
- China Media Project – Honoring China’s Heroes