The three-week 35th session of the United Nations Human Rights Council began on Tuesday. The...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 29, 2016
Economic growth and poverty reduction are two of the Chinese Communist Party’s core goals...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 21, 2005
From The Globe and Mail: The United Nations investigator into extrajudicial killings has written to China seeking more information on the recent police shooting and killing of protesters in the southern village of Dongzhou, a spokesman said yesterday. Philip Alston, UN special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, sent the letter a week ago […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods