At China Dialogue, a slideshow by Olli Geibel documents the precarious state of Beijing’s water resources, while The Guardian reports the launch of Nadav Kander’s “Yangtze – The Long River”, a book...
Dec 25, 2009
Praying to the Snow Grass-Mud Horse, from flickr.
Feb 16, 2009
Winter Swimming in Chongqing city by Yanming.
Feb 9, 2009
May 27, 2008
The Washington Post has posted a series of remarkable photographs of the Sichuan earthquake and its aftermath: China begins recovery efforts after a devastating 7.9-magnitude earthquake hit central China on May 12, 2008, and...
May 16, 2008
Colorful backpacks belonging to students who died in the devastating earthquake. In the disaster, hundreds of parents lost their only child. From xinhuanet via bbs.fengniao.com:
May 14, 2008
Apr 2, 2008
Mar 26, 2008
Mar 12, 2008
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages