Caijing issues further warnings about electricity shortages around China, which have led to power rationing and stuttering production lines. Many measures have been applied to industries in Zhejiang Province as well. Some have...
Feb 1, 2009
Hakim Siyit, a Uighur farmer from Kashgar prefecture in China’s far western Xinjiang Autonomous Region, has been petitioning the Chinese government to compensate Kashgar farmers for heavy losses over compulsory production...
Jan 5, 2006
From The People’s Daily Online: During its 10th Five-Year Plan Period (2001-2005), China had been dealing with the complicated world situation and domestic economic and social issues. It proves that China has stood the test of difficult situations and achieved its goal of fast economic development while still facing great challenges ahead. The first year […]
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report