Caijing issues further warnings about electricity shortages around China, which have led to power rationing and stuttering production lines. Many measures have been applied to industries in Zhejiang Province as well. Some have...
by dwang | Feb 1, 2009
Hakim Siyit, a Uighur farmer from Kashgar prefecture in China’s far western Xinjiang Autonomous Region, has been petitioning the Chinese government to compensate Kashgar farmers for heavy losses over compulsory production...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 5, 2006
From The People’s Daily Online: During its 10th Five-Year Plan Period (2001-2005), China had been dealing with the complicated world situation and domestic economic and social issues. It proves that China has stood the test of difficult situations and achieved its goal of fast economic development while still facing great challenges ahead. The first year […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods