The sight of a lone man standing before a row of tanks in Beijing is perhaps the most enduring image to emerge from the Tiananmen Protests of 1989. Photographs taken on June 5 of that year—one day after PLA troops crushed the...
Oct 20, 2022
This summer, following a long travel hiatus due to concerns about COVID-19, Xi Jinping resumed his overseas and domestic travels. His itinerary has included visits to Hong Kong in late June, to Xinjiang in mid-July, and to...
May 1, 2014
Premier Li Keqiang has urged Chinese workers to emulate the hard-working ‘stick stick...
Jan 3, 2014
While Xi Jinping is widely believed to have established himself as an unusually powerful leader...
Oct 13, 2008
From AFP: A Chinese lawmaker has quit a beauty contest after critics accused her of debasing the pageant with politics, state media said Monday. Yuan Jing, 22, ranked second out of 1,000 contestants in the Miss Chinese...
CDT in the News
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?
- RFA – Guangdong officials ban Model United Nations over federalism debate
- BBC – Chinese grieve popular ex-premier Li Keqiang in quiet show of dissent
- Le Monde – En Chine, l’hommage très contrôlé à l’ex-premier ministre Li Keqiang, « dernier dirigeant de l’ère des réformes »