The Hong Kong Police Force announced amendments to its guidelines on Tuesday to restrict access to press briefings and restricted areas for journalists from news outlets not officially recognized by the government. Only...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 19, 2013
Amid continuing fears of certain foreign correspondents’ possible expulsion from China, The...
by Paulina Hartono | Dec 9, 2009
David Bandurski writes that press accreditation will not solve “the fundamental issue driving media corruption in China.” From China Media Project: This winter has brought another of China’s seasonal purges of fakery...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo