The Hong Kong Police Force announced amendments to its guidelines on Tuesday to restrict access to press briefings and restricted areas for journalists from news outlets not officially recognized by the government. Only...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 19, 2013
Amid continuing fears of certain foreign correspondents’ possible expulsion from China, The...
by Paulina Hartono | Dec 9, 2009
David Bandurski writes that press accreditation will not solve “the fundamental issue driving media corruption in China.” From China Media Project: This winter has brought another of China’s seasonal purges of fakery...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods