China’s rulers are keen to showcase their efforts to give the people a say in government...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 1, 2012
While the rise of consumerism in China continues to attract attention, Monica Tan turns to the backlash against it. From Tea Leaf Nation: It’s happened all over the world, and it’s happening in China too. As the country’s middle...
by Scott Greene | Nov 11, 2011
The Chinese government hiked interest rates and tightened limits on bank lending and mortgage availability in an effort to tame inflation and prevent a stimulus-induced housing bubble from bursting, and The New York Times notes...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods