China’s rulers are keen to showcase their efforts to give the people a say in government...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 1, 2012
While the rise of consumerism in China continues to attract attention, Monica Tan turns to the backlash against it. From Tea Leaf Nation: It’s happened all over the world, and it’s happening in China too. As the country’s middle...
by Scott Greene | Nov 11, 2011
The Chinese government hiked interest rates and tightened limits on bank lending and mortgage availability in an effort to tame inflation and prevent a stimulus-induced housing bubble from bursting, and The New York Times notes...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms