China’s rulers are keen to showcase their efforts to give the people a say in government...
by Samuel Wade | Nov 1, 2012
While the rise of consumerism in China continues to attract attention, Monica Tan turns to the backlash against it. From Tea Leaf Nation: It’s happened all over the world, and it’s happening in China too. As the country’s middle...
by Scott Greene | Nov 11, 2011
The Chinese government hiked interest rates and tightened limits on bank lending and mortgage availability in an effort to tame inflation and prevent a stimulus-induced housing bubble from bursting, and The New York Times notes...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism