President Xi Jinping arrived in South Korea on Thursday for a state visit that is seen as...
Feb 12, 2013
North Korea detonated a third nuclear weapon in an underground test on Tuesday, defying Chinese calls for restraint and bringing swift condemnation from the U.N. and national governments. From Justin McCurry and Tania Branigan...
Apr 28, 2008
The Olympic torch relay just finished its safest tour in Pyongyang and will soon return to Chinese soil. From Xinhua via Chinadaily.com: The Olympic torch relay in Pyongyang, the 18th leg of its global tour, was completed at...
Oct 22, 2006
From Daqi.com: At Pyongyang Railway Station, an anti-America sign reads “Get out! You don’t have the qualification to stay.” People bowing to the statue of Kim Il-sung, former leader of North Korea.
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy