At The New York Times, Javier C. Hernández and photographer Gilles Sabrié present a guided tour of...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 21, 2017
Late last week, news came that Cambridge University Press had agreed to remove 315 articles from...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 19, 2017
Early on in Xi Jinping’s ongoing campaign to enforce ideological orthodoxy throughout the...
by Don Weinland | Dec 7, 2010
Du Muqiao, an instructor at Beijing Foreign Language University, describes his search for and impressions of the enigmatic Central Propaganda Department.
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods