Premier Li Keqiang is embarking on a visit to several Latin American countries, with plans to...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 28, 2011
A pioneering biodiversity project in southern China is under threat from forest fire, with flames leaping as high as 30 metres. From The Guardian: The project – which was launched about five years ago by the German biologist...
by Sophie Beach | Apr 25, 2010
In the Guardian, Jonathan Watts writes about the recent craze for building golf course on protected land in Hainan: On the park’s map, the course is inside the core conservation zone, which is supposed to be off-limits to...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 19, 2005
From the Financial Times: The vast tracts of rainforest on New Guinea Island, the last untouched forest in the Asia-Pacific region, are under threat from illegal loggers who are stripping the area of hardwood, principally to make wooden flooring for Chinese and western markets.
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”